Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekly Doctor Visit #1

I went to the first of my weekly doctor appointments yesterday afternoon. Everything is going very well. Except for the fact that I gained 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I didn't even know that was possible. Geez. No wonder so many people told me that I looked like I got bigger last weekend. I DID!!! My blood pressure did go up a little bit this time, so the Dr. said that they will have to keep an eye on that. He said that he estimates the baby to be somewhere between 5 and 6 lbs right now. So, he thinks he might be around 7 lbs when he is born, if he waits 4 more weeks. I must have looked disappointed when he said that, because he looked at me funny and asked if I was hoping for bigger. Well, shoot.....I gained 6 lbs in 2 weeks!!!! I guess I was just looking for a better reason for that crap!!! But no, I am not disappointed. I will be disappointed in nothing as long as he is healthy and safe. (or the epidural doesn't work out for some reason) He said that I am dialated to 1. So, things are happening. That was easy enough. I haven't had any contractions or anything. At least, I don't think I have. Maybe that is a sign of how easy my labor will be!! :O) Yes, absolute denial, I know. I like it here in my little make believe world, OK!!!!! :O)

So, we will just have to wait and see what the next couple of weeks have in store. Here we go!

2 comments:

Paula Faye said...

You crack me up!!! I love you sooo much!! All will go fabulously....God bless epiderals!

Emily said...

We are getting so excited for you guys!! It's going to be soon! That's great you are making progress and not even feeling it!

Thank you SO much for having Sarah this weekend. I know what a handful she can be. She had such a great time and I know it meant a lot to her. Thank you!

I also never really thanked you for the nice baby gift and birthday presents. You guys are always so thoughtful and generous. Thank you!