Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You Might Be a Redneck.....

Steve wants to know if you are a redneck if your kid has a "rat tail". For the record, this is really a curl in the back that Steve has straightened out to look like a rat tail. He thinks he is so clever.
I will agree that he has a lot of different lengths back there. (and don't forget to notice the hurricane of hair at the top of his head. We call that Hurricane Benny) I am thinking about having Grandma trim it when we are at home next weekend. But, I am not convinced yet. Every time I make the decision to just do it, I almost start to hyperventilate!! ;o) No, I am NOT overreacting. I just think that once that curl is cut off, it's all gone. I don't think that he is going to have curly hair. I think this is just his first stage of hair, and I just don't know if I am ready for that to be over yet. Just typing that makes me want to cry. He is too big already. Nope, still not ready! Decision made! :O)
I do have another Benny story to share. Some of you have already heard this story, but it will be funny again. Steve got another update from daycare the other day. Apparently, Miss Vicki was sitting in a rocking chair feeding one of the little girls in the class. She said that she could not keep Ben from standing up at the chair and sucking on the little girl's feet. The little girl was not amused. But, I sure was!!! ;o)
I don't care if Ben has uneven curls and a thing for toe sucking. I think he is Fabulous!! Does that make me a redneck? ;o)


5 comments:

Andrea's Mom said...

it doesn't make you a redneck...just makes Benny a redneck and around these parts... rednecks are A-OK! I love toe-suckin' hurricane headed boys!
xoxoxo
the day care story is hilarious!

Andrea's Mom said...

oh yeah, DON"T cut the hair. Do NOT fall into temptation.


at least until many of the women in his life (including me) are there to witness/cry about it....
PROMISE?!?!?!?

Emily said...

Let it go Judi. Let it go...

Anonymous said...

Just imagine how cute of a 'little man' he'll be without the TJ locks (as if he can get any cuter)! Looking forward to seeing his new do :)
-TRISHA-

Farah said...

I couldn't cut it either! The time will come soon enough, just enjoy it for now. I love seeing your blog.