Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I think this has been the best Thanksgiving that I can remember. I am most thankful for that, especially since last year was probably the worst. That was when my dad was very sick and having surgery, and we weren't quite sure what was going to happen.
Well, thankfully, he made it through and has done very well over the past year. And what a year it has been! Among our countless other blessings, Steve graduated and found a new job that he loves. And then we grew and gave birth to our fabulous little Benny. We are now a family of 5 and the number suits us well. Caleb and Kennedy love their new little brother and are sooo good with him. They have definitely taught me a thing or two. We have had a lot of family come to stay with us since Benny was born. We LOVE that. We miss you all so much and we love it when you are here. After Benny was born, my mom put her entire life on hold and came and stayed with us for 2 1/2 weeks. She left her husband for that whole time and came and waited on us hand and foot. I don't think I could ever express how thankful I am for that. You are the best, Mom!

I am very thankful to Gramps, Granddad, Gam, Aunt Geckie, Uncle Troy and Andrea for coming to spend Ben's first Thanksgiving with us. This was also our year to have Caleb and Kennedy. So, we have had a full house and we love it. The only thing that could have made this Thanksgiving any better, would have been having Everyone together. I guess we will have to wait for Christmas for that. But, we did get to see everyone at Grandma's Paula's house over the web cam. Those things are so fun! I guess I am thankful for them, too. ;O)
Anyway, here are some pictures of our great Thanksgiving day! I hope you all enjoyed yours as much as I enjoyed mine!! :O)
A little nap with Gecky before the festivities.



This little turkey loves his Gammy.



The turkey frying set up. Notice Steve's turkey frying uniform!?!?!





After dinner, we went to Zoo Lights. The whole Phoenix Zoo is decorated with lights for the holidays. It is fabulous and I love it. It even rained on us, but it wasn't very cold. We had a very good time.


Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: