Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome Back!?!?!?!?

So, last Monday was my first day back to work. This is what I walked in to find.


My boss decided that he didn't want me to have to start working right away, so he thought that he would give me something to do for the first COUPLE HOURS of my day. He dumped two full recycle bins in my cube. He wrapped all my stuff in bubble wrap. He THREW office chairs in there. And then he blocked it off with a piece of stucco wall. Then he came in and laughed hysterically and told me how much they all missed me as he watched me clean it all up. What a guy!! :O)

It was a hard day, but not as hard as I expected. It actually got worse as the week went on though. My next door neighbor watched him last week. So, this morning was his first day at daycare. This was, by far, the hardest drive to work that I have ever made. I had a really hard time sleeping last night as the reality of leaving Ben with strangers was creeping closer and closer. Lucky for me, Steve had to be the one to drop him off. Or is it unlucky? I think I may have been more at ease if I got to talk to the girls in there and see him in the room. So, I have decided to pick him up. I am going to leave a little early so that I can go meet them and see my boy in his new environment. Hopefully that will make me feel better. Hopefully!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Holy Cow! How funny. I guess your boss must really love you and I'm glad you could laugh about it.

Andrea's Mom said...

hopefully soon you can be a stay at home mommy again. that's the best job in the world...i know you would if you could. i love you. i'm sorry it's hard to go back.

Kristen said...

Oh you poor thing, I am so sorry. That is hilarious about your office though!! It gets better - keep your chin up!! I called in to the CRC's about 100 times today - I am so surprised I didn't catch you!