Sunday, August 17, 2008

4D- Ultraound

The day that I have been anxiously awaiting has come and gone. We got to see the first pictures of our little Man's face. I can't believe that I was looking at him and seeing him so clearly. The appointment was almost a disaster for me. I had asked on the phone when I made the appointment if I could bring my husband, parents and kids. I was told that was fine. I did not know if the kids would be able to be there, but it worked out that we were able to bring them. I was really happy about that. This is the first appointment that we have been able to bring them to. I really want them to feel that they are an essential part of this family. And that is kind of hard to do when we see them just 4 days a month. I really want them to know that this baby is as much their brother as the the brothers and sisters they live with full time. I think they do. I hope they do. Anyway, so when the tech called my name, we we all got up and walked to the door. She looked at us and said that there were too many of us and there was not enough room. I told her that I asked on the phone and was told it would be fine. She only hesitated for a minute, and then she just brought us all back to the room. (which was plenty big enough, by the way). We got all situated and she started the ultrasound. Anyone who has had an ultrasound knows that half the time, you can't tell what they are looking at. She kept mumbling about what she was seeing and moving on. Nobody could tell what she was seeing OR saying. Then she clearly said, "Its a boy!" The first shot that we could all decipher was his penis. Typical, right? Anyway, she moved on and my family was all starting to recognize different body parts. I was hearing, "oh, there's a foot! There's a hand." But the woman would not turn the screen so that I could see it. I was trying to lean forward and she kept telling me to stop moving. I kept telling her that I couldn't see and I wanted to see. She just ignored me. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or punch her. I decided to give her a couple more minutes before I got off the table and went out to demand a new tech. I was very close. But, then she turned the screen a little so that I could see. Amazing!! What a fun experience for all of us. We loved it. So, as promised, here he is!! :O)




This is the right side of his face. He is facing the right. The profile of his nose is right in the center. The top of his head is at the top left corner. Can you see him?

Now, he is looking down toward the bottom right corner. That sausage looking thing is his arm. He kept it up in front of his face almost the whole time. His hand is up by his forehead and he is covering his left eye and mouth. Can you see him now?

This is almost a full frontal of his face. He still has his arm up, but you can see his left eye this time. His hand is still up by the left side of his fore head.

I hope you can see him. I know it is hard to make out. Let me know if you can!! :O)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! You got some great pictures!! The kids were so excited they were able to be there and they can't wait to meet their baby brother. Sorry the ultrasound tech was so rude.

Paula Faye said...

Those are great!! It is such a trip! Technology is crazy. I am glad everyone was able to be a part of the experience. :)