Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sleeping Arrangements

Steve spends a lot of time laughing at me these days. (not in a mean way) I am usually a very good sport and end up laughing with him. I do realize how funny I look now that I am officially as wide as I am tall. I walk funny. I spend A LOT of time on the way to, in, and on the way out of the bathroom. And it takes me a long time to get up or down or over or anywhere. ;o) I am usually just fine with his good natured harrassment. But last week, he caught me at a really bad time. I was tired and not feeling great. He, of course, was driving me up a wall. I think he was breathing wrong, or something. ;o) So, I just decided to go to bed. This is a huge feet in itself these days. I finally got myself in bed and somewhat comfortable, and here he comes down the hallway. He walks in the room and just starts laughing hysterically at the sight of me. I have to lay on my side with my feet elevated, and my head elevated as well. I now sleep in a V position. I also have pillows on my sides. Steve decided that I needed to hear how rediculous I looked. As if I didn't know. Well, I immediately started crying. This made him want to laugh more, but he was trying not to. He tried to comfort me, but all he did was mess up my pillows. One might think that he would be more careful with me now. Yeah, he's not. But, he hasn't caught me at another bad moment yet. He has been lucky.

So, I was folding laundry amongst all of my pillows tonight, and I took a minute to look at it. I do see why he was laughing. Even though I didn't care that night, I had to take a picture so that I would remember the shinanagans. I can see why Steve ends up on the couch some nights. Check this out.



I squeeze myself between the side pillows so I don't roll on my back. And the Boppy goes around my neck. Suprisingly, I still sleep. Steve and the dogs even sqeeze themselves into the mix. :O)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I feel your pain! Sleeping, for me is almost a thing of the past. I keep adding more pillows and I end up just feeling like I'm suffocating! We're almost done though!!

Anonymous said...

hilarious. seriously. forget about getting presents for the baby - get judi pillows! lots and lots of pillows!